Ignition protection is ideal for boats with gasoline engines.It is fitted either in a tunnel through the boat's bow or into a stern tunnel at the boat's stern using a stern thruster kit (sold separately). Remote control is a popular accessory. See more of the significant product features below.
FLEXIBLE INSTALLATIONSleipner offers installation flexibility to work with the space you have. Our thruster models allow installation at any angle on the tunnel, tailored to fit any space available in your vessel.
POWER SUPPLYPowered by direct current.
FLEXIBLE COUPLINGFlexible coupling protects the product’s driveline by compensating for misalignment between the shafts of the electric motor and gearleg.
SPLASH-PROOFThis product is manufactured for installations in environments that may experience moist or occasional splashes.
OVERHEAT PROTECTIONAutomatic detection of overheating of internal components. When an unsafe temperature is detected, the unit is automatically shut off to prevent overheating.
S-LINK™S-Link™ is a CAN-based control system used for communication between Sleipner products installed on a vessel.
- Compact and waterproof plugs
- Keyed and color-coded connectors to ensure correct and easy installation
- Different cable lengths, extenders and T-connectors makes the system scalable and flexible to install
PRO™A PRO™ thruster system enables you to apply only the necessary power to complete your maneuver. The variable speed control eliminates the noise associated with standard on/off thrusters.
With a dual setup (bow and stern), you also get a practical hold function enabling you to set and leave the level of thrust.
IGNITION PROTECTIONOur ignition-protected products are compliant with ISO 8846 and ensure gasoline or other flammable fumes cannot enter or be ignited.
GALVANIC SEPARATIONImmersed parts exposed to seawater are galvanic isolated from the onboard electrical system, eliminating stray currents.
SEALED DRIVE LUBRICATIONThe thruster gearleg is pre-filled for lifetime lubrication and sealed using a long-time mechanical seal with ceramic and carbon surfaces for ultimate security against water intrusion.
TWIN PROPELLERSTwin propellers can provide more thrust than a single propeller system in the same tunnel diameter. We use this system in our mid-range models, where high thrust is required in small tunnel diameters. Due to the compact design and high performance, the twin models have become the thrusters of choice among boatbuilders worldwide.
Q-PROP™The Q-PROP™ has measured noise reductions of up to 75% in controlled environments. The five-bladed skew propeller reduces noise levels while maintaining exceptional efficiency. Some thruster models even see an increase in thrust power.
- The expected noise reduction in average installations: 20-40%
- Upgrade kits are available for most Sleipner thruster models with special adaptors
INTELLIGENT POWER CONTROLSleipner's patented intelligent power control provides a minimal delay between drive directions to reduce wear of the mechanical parts while monitoring solenoid functions. In the case of a solenoid lock-in, the thruster will automatically stop without extra user action or controlling the main switch.
- (H) Height: 501mm / 8.46in
- (L) Length: 381mm / 15in
- (W) Width: 306mm / 12.05in
- (ID) Internal Diameter: 215mm / 8.46in
- (WD) Water Depth: 215mm / 8.46in
- (TL) Recommended Tunnel Length: 276mm / 10.87in
- (TL min.) Minimum Tunnel Length: 233mm / 9.17in
- (T min.) Minimum Tunnel Wall Thickness: 6mm / 0.24in
- (T max.) Maximum Tunnel Wall Thickness: 8mm / 0.31in
- (L) Internal Length: 463mm / 18.2in
- (+L) Tunnel Length: 300mm / 11.8in
- (WD) Stern Water Depth: 215mm / 8.5in
- (HT) Maximum Hull Thickness: 97mm / 3.8in